The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Changes

I have felt since I restarted at WW that this time was somehow different to previous attempts. I felt more focused, more willing, less resentful of the changes I would need to make. I realised the other day that this is also having flow on effects to other areas of my life. I am tidier. Busier doing things rather than sitting down all day. More oganised. Less tolerant of allowing myself to be slack. Happier to be exercising. More settled and pratical. Its very strange for me to feel like I am pulling my life together. I have tried that for so long without success that I think I had convinced myself that I COULDN'T achieve those things. But now, I am doing it. I feel proud and happy with myself, two emotions I didn't think I was capable of anymore. I've had a few wonky days recently, but they haven't thrown me off track. Every morning I wake up, it's a new day and I have a new attitude. I am happy for this mindset, but I find it somewhat peculiar because I have tried so hard to get there before, but haven't. I can't pinpoint why I have it now, I just do. It's the same thoughts and feelings I had the first time round. A quiet confidence that this is something that I will achieve.

3 comments:

  1. I think your key word is 'confidence'. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so totally relate to your comments in this blog Kelly, i feel so much of the same. I really don't know why it's different this time, I just know it is.....i guess im just not willing for it not to be, if you get my drift. You are very inspirational, thanks for sharing your stories Kel....

    Cheers, Donz (Oopzadaisy on WW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Your comments are very welcome, though I find it hard to see myself as an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete