The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do I, Dont I? Will I, won't I?

I'm hovering over the idea of rejoining WW again. I have joined so many times, only to lose interest by about February. Thing is, I know WW works, I've done it before, but before it was new, exciting and different. I know now what needs to be done, but making myself stick with it is really hard.

I consider all the reasons (excuses!) I haven't succeeded before:
  • I have no time for tracking and planning (lies, lies, I know I have the time, but I make myself busy doing nothing!)
  • It's boring (but so is staying home all the time and never going
    anywhere because I don't feel comfortable!!)
  • I have depression (but I know that if I exercise more, not only will that help lose weight, but it will help me depression)
  • I feel lonely, lost and isolated and that feeds my depression and comfort
    eating.
  • I AM BORED. There are so many things I want from my life but seem
    unable to get (right away, anyway) and I have no patience, so even though I know time inexorably marches on, if I can't have it now, I get shitty, so I stagnate and do nothing and that's BORING!! (EXCUSES!!)

None of them really amounts to anything that would really stop me, but finding a way around that mental block is harder than I thought.

So, do I join AGAIN or not? I think I want to. . . .

Off now to create my Wii Active character finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment