The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ready for Autumn

I have added a new column to the right side- called "Ready for Autumn Challenge", it records the WW challenge I have joined, to reach a specific goal for Autumn.

I had a little success today. I had to see my ex when I picked up my kids, not always a very good experience and something that usually sends me heading for my nearest chocolate bar! Today, though, I didn't. I came home and had a sandwich for lunch and ignored the suger cravings till my anger and frustration passed.

I am such an emotional eater- name the emotion, I'll eat to it. Happy, sad, bored, frustrated, angry, restless, stressed, anxious, anything. The only time I don't eat is when I'm 'glowy' in love- you know, the first month or so of a new relationship. Once I get settled, my regular habits kick in. Unfortunately (?, for weightloss, anyway!) I don't fall in love every day, though I do realise every day just how much I love my OH, so I need to work on an alternative to emotional eating.

I am going to buy a yoga dvd and meditation cd, hopefully if I practice my yoga daily, (which I used to), I will find a certain calm and peace that helps me get through. Planning, I know, is a key for me, but I'm not the most organised person and I find it hard to keep an interest in planning, etc for more than two weeks. Something else I need to work on.

It's a start, right, that I can identify the things I need to change??

2 comments:

  1. Good on you for not eating your feelings. It's a hard lesson to learn. It's taken me nearly 31 years, and I'm still not on top of it!

    Tell us about your meditation CD - I've been downloading meditation podcasts that are between 10 and 20 minutes long, but would love to do something a bit longer sometimes. I go to guided meditation every Thursday night (and love it), but it's a bit on the expensive side.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its more a relaxing music cd than actual meditation, I used to go to yoga and learnt quite alot about meditation there, so I do it by myself.

    Check out this site: http://www.serenitysupply.com/catalog/Guided-Meditation-13-1.html

    It has some cd's but also short sound clips that allow you to "try before you buy" so to speak. They are also pretty cheap and are an Aussie company.

    ReplyDelete