The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting back in the swing

I am finding it a little difficult to get back into the swing of things. I am tracking points, but I forgot how easily points add up. Even when you're eating healthy foods, the points can rack up easily. I am used to eating more throughout the day and I'm finding it hard to go with smaller meals. I am also finding it hard to ignore the non hunger related desire to eat, especially this time of night, when I normally go on a bit of a binge eat.

One of the things I learnt about changing habits is that I really need to learn from past attempts/mistakes. For me, that means really recognising that night time is a danger time. Which is why I am posting so much at night! lol. The other habit I need to work on is getting a handle on my emotional eating. While I am with my partner, I don't seem to have 'emotional problems' but getting back home, I know I will face that hurdle again.

I have been exercising some more, walking most nights with my partner and the kids. Today we went to the park (not that I did much) and tomorrow we are going on a bushwalk at Leura, to see the waterfalls. I am trying to get myself into a headspace where I keep up with the exercise once I get home. I don't necessarily like how I feel when I'm sweating, breathing hard and hurting (though I like that I am doing something) but I do love how it feels to come home and relax. I like that my muscles feel used and twitchy.

I am trying hard to also hit my fruit, veggies and water. I seem to constantly be achieving two out of three each day. My other mini goal for myself this week was to get proper sleep, but that hasn't been working to well. Still too many late nights, but not as bad as before. Seems to be playing havoc a bit with my digestive system.

I look forward to stepping on the scales this week and seeing what a difference it has all made.

No comments:

Post a Comment