The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week 3 Wobbles

I have titled this post in this way because it reflects what I go through every 'week 3' on the program. Not every third week, every Week 3. By now I am starting to get bored again of fruit and veggies all the time. I include ok 'sometimes foods' (low points ones) but I start to really miss junk foods and other 'bad' stuff. But I don't want to eat it, because I know that I will really go off the rails if I do. I stop tracking as religiously and get a wee bit over logging on and haunting the boards so much. See, I'm an all or nothing kinda gal.
It's a challenge for me. One thing I need to learn is how to overcome the mistakes of the past, and in the past I've always gone at this at two speeds- flat out, or not at all. This time round, I know I need to try and balance that out a little. I need to be ok with not getting on the boards 24/7, I need to make myself track regularly, but not have it consume me totally. I need to keep in mind that this is about making changes for life, not making changes for the short term.
Last week I lost .7, which brings my total for two weeks to 2.9. I don't want to undo that by letting the wobbles take over now and resulting in a gain. I don't care what the scales show me this week, as long as its a loss, that's all I care about.
I have decided to try a different form of visualisation this time round. I bought myself a piece of cardboard today and I plan to stick all sorts of inspiring things to it. It's to help me remember to focus on my goals and remember why its important to me that I don't backslide and fall into a rutt again. I'll post some pics when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment