The story of my Journey through the minefield of weightloss and personal discovery.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A New Day

Almost 24 hours later and I still have no idea what I want to say! Its weird, and scary, trying to think of some intersting witticisms to fill my blog with. Unlike my diary, where I write till my heart's content, never worrying about its content, my blog is something I may someday make public and that makes me so much more aware of what I'm typing.

Skott suggested the title for me. When I asked him for ideas, he asked me what the blog was for. I told him it would be about my weight loss journey. It feels funny, uncomfortable and weird to put that out there. Weight, loss or gain, is such a private thing, that it goes against my nature to publicise it. I feel . . . embarassed, strange. But I'm hoping it also makes me feel more accountable for what I do. Like, if the whole world is watching, reading (how can the whole world be? I've not made it public . . . nevermind), then maybe I will be more mindful, more aware this time. I feel as though this will be the last chance I have, but I don't know why.

Anyhow, the point about the title, I realised later, is that 'finding me within' is not just about weight loss. Finding myself also relates to the journey I started a year ago, but placed on hold. The struggle to find myself, who I am and how I fit in my world. So even though the point of my blog is weight loss, I think my journey will be about alot more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment